From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 7:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws scripts for QuickBooks

I wonder how long QuickBooks will continue to offer their desktop version since they really push QuickBooks Online. I don't know about the pricing of the desktop version, but I assume that in addition to the initial purchase price you still would also have some sort of annual cost. I now subscribed to the QuickBooks Online Plus plan which here in Canada ist $50 a month, but as a member of the Canadian Fedderation of Independent Business I get a 20% discount, so I am paying $40/month or $480 a year which is actually I think about the same or a bit less than I used to pay for the Sage 50 annual plan which gave me access to their yearly release version as well as bad technical support which I never used.

For many people the Essential subscription which here in Canada is $35 a month or even the Simple Start which is $20 a month probabably is enough, but for my retail business QuickBooks will be integrated with my point of sale system and if you want QuickBooks to handle inventory you need the Plus version.

I believe when I once inquired years ago the scripts were $750, add to this the cost of QuickBooks desktop and potentially an annual upgrade/maintenance plan and the subscription for the online version sounds pretty good. Of coruse there is also the benefit of being able to use the very accessible iOS app and to use it wherever you are and not just one your computer.

Best regards,

Sieghard