moderated Re: voice assistant question

Marty Hutchings

My question is, why do voice assistant AI assume you want to use swear words? Can't they be programmed to be nice?

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 10:42 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: voice assistant question

Dictation is never perfect, but I find it amazingly useful especially if I am just replying to a text message with a brief message of my own. It is everybody's responsibility to check what SIRI or whichever device or assistant you are using is writing and to correct mistakes, embarrassing or not. The email signatures I sometimes see about that dictation was used and to excuse any mistakes are a pet peeve of mine, there is no reason why you can't check your dictation results and correct any mistakes.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: voice assistant question

I did not know it even existed. I tend to stay away from voice assistive things if at all possible. I've had some interesting experiences with the dictate function on my iPhone as in saying , "Thrift store. " It came out something entirely different which is not suitable for this list. I've never enabled "sharky" So, don't understand Madison why it would be turned on in the first place on your computer.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: February 5, 2021 12:07 PM
Subject: voice assistant question

Hi all,
On the topic of the Jaws voice assistant, can anyone tell me how to get rid of it or turn it off? I tried going into utilities and I thought I'd turned it off, but it would seem not, as it still goes off even though I've never said any wake word to it ever. It's annoying and I'd like to have it turned off permanently if at all possible. I'm running the latest build of Jaws 2021 and Windows 10 2004.
Thanks
Madison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.