moderated Re: Two questions regarding Jaws 2021.

Dan Longmore

Hi,

On occasion JAWS does go to the next open window but like you I am seeing an increasing number of “Lost Focus” announcements. I realize that the OS and systems are continually changing yet I would like to see JAWS developers make this fix a priority.

Dan  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 4:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Two questions regarding Jaws 2021.

I have noticed that in older versions of JAWS, when I would close a program, JAWS would focus on the program or desk top that I hade open.  Now, I get the Lost Focus announcement when closing programs.  Why doesn’t JAWS know where to focus any more?

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2021 12:53 PM

Hi Al,

Are you running Windows 7 or 10?  The Voice Asisstant won't show in Windows 7 since it's not availble for Windows 7.

For your Focus problem, try opening quick settings with, Jaws key + V, and type, focus, in the search field.

When the results populate you should have 1 result, Focus loss announcement, make sure this is unchecked.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2021 9:55 AM

I hope someone can answer about removing updates, but I am doubtful that can be done.

You can run the .exe file that you used to install Jaws 2021 and you will have an option to repair.

For me, the first item under Utilities is the voice assistant.

Are you sure you are on 2021?

I thought there was an option about the lost focus messages, but I’m not finding it right now.

HTH,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 9:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Two questions regarding Jaws 2021.

Good afternoon everyone, 

First, how would I go about doing a repair of Jaws 2021,  and can you remove a specific  update.  ,  I’m asking because whenever my computer boots up, I keep getting a lot of lost focus messages. Next, after I type whatever the subject line and tab to the edit field,  it indicates a dash    

Second, In the settings menu under the utilities option,  there isn’t anything about  enabling the  voice assistant.

Thanks in advance

for any and all help advice and suggestions,      

Al 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.