moderated Re: Two questions regarding Jaws 2021.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

do you have a microphone on your computer or laptop or one that you can plug-in? If you don't have a microphone maybe it doesn't show up. This is just guessing though. As for removing an update you can't do that the download you have to get from freedom scientific is already updated. If you have an old EXC you can use that and not update but short of that no you can't remove an update.
Randy Barnett

On Feb 5, 2021, at 10:15 AM, T. Civitello <tcivi31@...> wrote:

I am running the current version of Jaws and I do not find a voice assistant in the utility menu.  Tom

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2021 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: Two questions regarding Jaws 2021.

I hope someone can answer about removing updates, but I am doubtful that can be done.

You can run the .exe file that you used to install Jaws 2021 and you will have an option to repair.

For me, the first item under Utilities is the voice assistant.

Are you sure you are on 2021?

I thought there was an option about the lost focus messages, but I’m not finding it right now.

HTH,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 9:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Two questions regarding Jaws 2021.

Good afternoon everyone, 

First, how would I go about doing a repair of Jaws 2021,  and can you remove a specific  update.  ,  I’m asking because whenever my computer boots up, I keep getting a lot of lost focus messages. Next, after I type whatever the subject line and tab to the edit field,  it indicates a dash    

Second, In the settings menu under the utilities option,  there isn’t anything about  enabling the  voice assistant.

Thanks in advance

for any and all help advice and suggestions,      

Al 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.