moderated Re: Optimal email setup for Windows 10 with JAWS

Jim Rawls

Edward, I tried what you said to do, and it didn’t work. I found outlook on the list, and when I hit enter, nothing happened. So I tried My application key and still nothing. How do I find outlook helpful hints? Jim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 7:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Optimal email setup for Windows 10 with JAWS

Hi Jim,

As far as Outlook is concerned: Open Outlook, press JAWS key+f1 twice quickly to bring up the Outlook help topic and select "Outlook helpful hints."

This will run through what you need to set/change.

Cheers,

Ed

On 2 February 2021 13:50:42 "James Benstead" <james.benstead@...> wrote:

I always try to use JAWS with the full version of Outlook, and to configure it in a certain way (e.g. no preview pane). Is there an accepted optimal way to configure Outlook to work with JAWS? Or does anyone have any specific tips that make Outlook work well with JAWS?

Also, would anyone advise using the built-in Windows Mail client with JAWS? I have problems using tab and F6 to navigate through everything, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Jim

--

Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org