moderated Re: Vocalizer and difference in pronunciation

JM Casey

Oh yeah, this was a much older version, and it ran on my Windows 98 machine. It was the exact same synth as could be found in the old reading machiens that Kurzweil made, which I’m sure was Dectalk. Too bad they gave it up as that was a rather nice synth, especially for something that came about in the 1980s and basically never changed, audio-wise.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: February 2, 2021 01:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Vocalizer and difference in pronunciation

No Kurzweil nowadays comes with ETI Eloquence and Voice Ware Kate Paul and latterly James in later versions (AKA Neospeech).

I started out with version 11 I think but am on version 14 now. It is possible Dec Talk was available in earlier incarnations.

I have never had access to Dec Talk with Kurzweil but would have been interested in giving it a try if it was available.

David G.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10