moderated Re: MP3gain installation

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 01:46 PM, David Griffith wrote:
It is certainly not beta but best of luck anyway
-
Version 1.3.4 is beta, and has been for several years.   I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it is beta by the developer's own download page.  His direct statement, "Normal MP3Gain install for version 1.3.4 Do not use this version unless you really need the experimental Unicode support. There seem to be some cases where this version accidentally shortens the filename. I'm still figuring it out."

I am presuming you don't mean 1.03.0004, which would be absolutely ancient by now.  That's so early I don't even remember the one dot zero plus releases.  I took that as a typo.  Current production is Version 1.2.5.  If you happen to be using a one dot zero three release, you really should update to version 1.2.5.  If you have version 1.3.4 and it's not giving you any issues, then just leave well enough alone.

           ~ André Gide