From: Audiobookfan
Sent: 01 February 2021 08:52
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: MP3gain installation

I'm wanting to install mp3gain on my Windows 10 computer and I'm

wondering if there are any issues/risks or gotchas that I should know

about. I launched the installer and got a dialog that indicated that

some necessary files might be missing or out of date. It did give me the

option to install anyway. I'm thinking that I read something in the past

about updating these files might mess up Jaws functionality, but I'm not

sure about that. Can anyone confirm or deny this issue? Should I grab

the full version of mp3gain or just go ahead and install the standard

version? Will the standard version work with the files that come with

Windows 10?

Do I need to be cautious of the download from SourceForge? I also am

concerned that some installers might be bundled with bloatware. Is this

a concern I need to worry about? If so, can anyone point me to a clean

version of mp3gain?

Is there anything else I should be aware of before installing mp3gain?

Thanks,

Jeff