Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: Removing Marks in Word

Mike,

Like you, I’m confused by Vaughn’s question. I’m not sure he’s using Word. If he is, you’re right that only one placemarker can be set, and it’s temporary. Set another placemarker, and the previous one is automatically removed. At any rate, that’s true through Outlook 2016.

As you know, it is possible to set more than one placemarker on webpages. I wonder if Vaughn is using some sort of semi-webpage text program.

Finally, to avoid confusion, the markers cited in the “featured snippet” are for revealing paragraph markers, an unrelated issue that came up on this list recently.

Vaughn, if you’ve solved the problem, great. Otherwise, please post the name and version of the program you’re using. Knowing Mike, he’ll either have the answer or find it for you.