moderated Re: Problem with my WiFi

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

sounds more like a network config issue or a bad adapter. 20ft. is not very far. Even for a cheap USB dongle. I would try resetting the network settings in control panel. If that doesn't work then try a new adapter. If you are comfortable with installing PCI cards, I would get a PCI-E WiFi card they are much better than USB ones.

On 1/30/2021 4:42 AM, Rick Mladek wrote:

Dave,

If a long distance, buy an extender from places as Best Buy. Walls and going from one floor to another will cause such issues.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 7:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Problem with my WiFi

Hello everyone:

If my problem is inappropriate for this list, please let me know where I can go to get help to resolve it.

We have a DELL PC computer. It is running the latest version of Windows 10. the latest version of JAWS is also installed.

Recently, I had to move the computer from one roon to another room. In the original location, the connection to the network and the internet, was through an ethernet connection, and I had very few problems. In the new location, I connected the USB Wifi dongle and installed the software and selected my ISP's router. I chose to have the computer connect automatically to other devices on the network.

My problem is, each time I turn on the computer, and try to access the internet, retrieve my email or, connect to another computer on the network, I get the message that there are no networks available. However, I have checked the setting to have the computer connect to the router automatically, when the system is in range, but still the system does not connect the the router each time I start the computer.

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber. .