moderated Re: Problem with my WiFi

Chris Hill

No, the connect automatically will save the wi-fi password and connect to that network whenever it is in range.  If it doesn't do so, the driver is junk.

On 1/30/2021 12:16, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
I think that the connect automatically is for when your computer is connected via cable, not for WIFI.
When WIFI gets connected, it will be the LAN that is always connected.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: Problem with my WiFi

Power line adapters allow you to connect to ethernet using your electric wiring.  Another thought is to get a different wi-fi adapter, sounds like what you bought wasn't any good.

On 1/30/2021 06:33, Dave Durber wrote:
Hello everyone:

If my problem is inappropriate for this list, please let me know where I can go to get help to resolve it.

We have a DELL PC computer. It is running the latest version of Windows 10. the latest version of JAWS is also installed.

Recently, I had to move the computer from one roon to another room. In the original location, the connection to the network and the internet, was through an ethernet connection, and I had very few problems. In the new location, I connected the USB Wifi dongle and installed the software and selected my ISP's router. I chose to have the computer connect automatically to other devices on the network.

My problem is, each time I turn on the computer, and try to access the internet, retrieve my email or, connect to another computer on the network, I get the message that there are no networks available. However, I have checked the setting to have the computer connect to the router automatically, when the system is in range, but still the system does not connect the the router each time I start the computer.

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber. .