moderated Re: Crosspost: Question about new member

David Diamond

Glen, your post reminded me of when a blind person taught a class  on how to use a screen reader.  He suggested we turn off our monitors.  His sighted live in came around and told me my monitor was broke because she couldn’t see anything.  If one does have some sight it is very easy to cheat.  I Phones or iPads have the screen curtain function.  My step daughter enabled it by accident and thought she broke my device.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: January 28, 2021 10:32 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Crosspost: Question about new member

I would relate this to Jaws in that when I would at times, teach Jaws and keyboarding in a classroom with students wearing blindfolds, I would turn out the lights, as often people would be tempted to peek.

I would also turn off the monitors.

Back when I was sighted in high school, and in typing class, the teacher made everyone tape a sheet of paper over the keys and put our hands under them to type.

She made us do this every day, I don't know why she just didn't leave the paper, but it was an exercise in itself I guess.

Glenn