moderated Re: JAWS getting sluggish/cutting out?

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Wondering if this may be an issue with your laptop that is affecting JAWS performance?

Some areas to consider:

  How much memory do you have and does your ongoing work consume much of the memory?

Not often but at times the computer will not clear a program from memory even after it, the program, is closed.  Your re start of the computer fixes this issue.

Is your laptop being cooled adequately??

Laptops, especially newer, will slow the cpu if temperatures rise. (Thermo throttling )

Thus the performance of JAWS and other programs may be compromised.

  Your issue may indeed be JAWS related however just a couple other ideas.

Dan