moderated JAWS getting sluggish/cutting out?

Cynthia Bruce

Hi All,

I am not exactly sure how to describe this, but I will give it a go. I am running Windows 10 and JAWS 2021 – the issue isn’t specific to any program. It seems that after I have been working for a while on my laptop – for the morning – JAWS starts to get a bit sluggish by times. It is slow to respond when I press a key, and it is kind of intermittent. I also notice, at the same time that the sound is less sharp – I’m really not sure if that is at all helpful.

If I shut down and restart it seems to go away until a few hours later.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cynthia