moderated Re: Crosspost: Question about new member

Gerald Levy

Excuse me, topic drift is not endemic if the group is well moderated.  I don't tolerate off-topic discussion on my Blind Hearing Aid Users list, and neither should the moderator of this list.

I understand that a discussion can sometimes drift off-topic, but the moderator has a responsibility to step in when it does and issue an admonishment.  That's how I run my list, and any member who repeatedly disregards warnings against posting off-topic messages is subject to being placed on mod status.  To be perfectly blunt, the original message in this thread about a new list member really had nothing to do with JAWS itself in the first place, and was only marginally related.

Gerald

On 1/28/2021 1:13 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 01:00 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:
I suggest joining the Blind-Talk list,
-
Topic drift is endemic to any group, upon occasion.  And the JAWS group has historically allowed topics that are tangentially related, at best, to JAWS.  This group has never been strictly moderated.

I'd suggest that you, and anyone else who gets frustrated with a given topic on any group, learn how to use the tools that Groups.io gives every user to control the messages they receive to begin with, or keep receiving.  In this case, the Mute this Topic link at the end of every blessed message.

Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx)

           ~ André Gide