From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 9:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem with Find Command in Chromium Browsers

Hmmm, are you saying it never starts the find command, or the find command isn't finding what you expect? If the first, ctrl-insert-f is supposed to work, and does everywhere I've ever tried it, ff, chrome, or edge. I'd call fs if that is the case.

On 1/28/2021 08:14, Debby Hill wrote:
I have tried control + insert F before and I just tried it now, and no
go! I am stuck at the top of the page.

By the way, in both cases control + insert + F and insert + F JAWS
says "JAWS find."

Thanks for trying!

Debby

From: Chris Hill [mailto:hillco@earthlink.net]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 8:56 AM
Subject: Problem with Find Command in Chromium Browsers Hello.

Why are you using the browser's own find command? If you are in
virtual pc mode, the jaws find command is the one you will want to
use, it is insert-ctrl-f on the normal desktop layout. It will work much better.

CH

On 1/28/2021 07:21, Debby Hill wrote:

Hi all,

I am using Edge and Chrome with the latest Windows 10 and the latest
JAWS—that is the January update. I have been working on some fairly
large webpages, and when I do a Control + F to find something on a
page it seems that JAWS gets stuck at the top of the page. Neither
arrowing or tabbing up or down goes anywhere. The only way I can get
to the result is to press F6 to cycle through all of the various bars until I get back to the webpage.
It’s not a big problem, but it is time consuming, and it doesn’t seem
it should be happening. It is happening in both Edge and Chrome.

I generally work from my Mantis Q40 with blue tooth using the laptop
settings for JAWS keystrokes. I have tried going to my desktop
computer and changing to desktop layout and even using a different
braille display using usb, but no change.

By the way, the find command works correctly in IE, and with the
chromium browsers with JAWS 2020. Also, I have tried using control +
insert + F instead of just insert + F and no go.

I called Freedom Scientific and we repaired JAWS, but no change.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Take care and stay safe!

Debby