moderated Re: Problem with Find Command in Chromium Browsers

Michael Mote

Hi Debbie. I am sure you have already tried this, but are you sure that your browser is maximized. Windows plus up arrow should do it for you.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Debby Hill
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 8:22 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Problem with Find Command in Chromium Browsers

Hi all,

I am using Edge and Chrome with the latest Windows 10 and the latest JAWS—that is the January update. I have been working on some fairly large webpages, and when I do a Control + F to find something on a page it seems that JAWS gets stuck at the top of the page. Neither arrowing or tabbing up or down goes anywhere. The only way I can get to the result is to press F6 to cycle through all of the various bars until I get back to the webpage. It’s not a big problem, but it is time consuming, and it doesn’t seem it should be happening. It is happening in both Edge and Chrome.

I generally work from my Mantis Q40 with blue tooth using the laptop settings for JAWS keystrokes. I have tried going to my desktop computer and changing to desktop layout and even using a different braille display using usb, but no change.

By the way, the find command works correctly in IE, and with the chromium browsers with JAWS 2020. Also, I have tried using control + insert + F instead of just insert + F and no go.

I called Freedom Scientific and we repaired JAWS, but no change.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Take care and stay safe!

Debby