moderated Re: Crosspost: Question about new member

Laura Shumate

I don't see a problem I think teaching the sighted about Access
Technology is a cool thing.
I even had my dad who is sighted use Talk Back on his phone but he
said after a day he wanted no more to do with it.
Laura Shumate
snowflake122188@gmail.com
Business Phone: 254-300-7667
Emergency Phone: 717-510-0684

On 1/27/21, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@cableone.net> wrote:
I would make a different point about wearing blindfolds.
In any situation, but especially the Blind service industry, the blindfolds
typically are not worn for empathy, they actually are or should be worn so
the wearer can learn non-visual skills, independent of sight.
If a sighted person is going to be teaching Blindness skills, then that
person needs to have confidence in the skills being taught.
Also, as far as being on a Jaws or any other list oriented to those who use
the associated products, it could be anyone, like the guy or gal down the
street who does not even use the product. As far as rules go, although one
could discriminate against the sighted, there would be no way to police it.
And really, who cares who joins any list, as long as they aren't a problem
lister.
Glenn