moderated Re: Using hyphen

Mario

in the first example, it is auto correcting the dash or hyphen into the HTML equivalent? just guessing.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Randy Barnett [mailto:blindmansbluff09@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 7:01 PM
Subject: Using hyphen
the first says "in dash". by line, word and letter. and the second
doesn't say anything other than the two words by line and dash by word
or letter. I wonder why it is adding the "N" sound to the dash in my
setup. It is a distinct N sound not an on sound.

On 1/27/2021 3:45 PM, Marty              wrote:

Kevin,  Your first example does indeed say “On dash” when reading
letter by letter, but doesn’t say anything when reading by line.  The
second example just says “Dash” when reading letter by letter and
nothing when reading line by line.  I am using JAWS 21.  I have
noticed this in earlier versions of JAWS as well.
Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with
William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full
of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1,
2020