moderated Re: Using hyphen

Don Walls

Is it perhaps not saying “on” but the letter “nn (as in Norman).  If you type a hyphen with a space each side of it, that’s what it reads.

Don

From: kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Using hyphen

Hello,

I’m using Windows10 , Jaws2021 and Outlook2021 most recent versions.

Since the most recent update with Jaws2021 I will use a hyphen and when it is between two letters with a space between it sounds like is saying on. I then delete it and it then says dash.

Here is an example:

Hello – goodbye

Does this say on between the words? Has anyone encountered this issue?

Below is an example when I type the same as above, then delete the hyphen and type it back in.

Hello - goodbye!

Thanks,

Kevin