moderated Re: How to move quickly down the list of file extensions to change the default?

Mike B.

Here you go,

For Jaws users,I found that you can fast forward & reverse through the, File Types list, by turning Key Repeat on. 
1. To do this, after the file types list is loaded up open the Settings Center with, Jaws Key + 6 on the number row, and if you get a new configuration
message select the, Okay, option and press the spacebar. Arrow down to, User closed, and right arrow to open.

2. Down arrow to, Key Repeat not checked, and press the spacebar to check this.

3. Tab to, Okay, press enter to save and close.  Now if you hold the Tab key down it will fast forward through this long list of file types and if you
use, Shift + tab, you can go backwards.
It's funny listening to Jaws fast forward through this long files type list because it sounds like fast forwarding a cassette tape.  LOL 

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 6:13 PM
Subject: How to move quickly down the list of file extensions to change the default?

Hello List,

I’m going through System Settings and using:

Choose default apps by file type

The long list of file extensions are arranged alphabetically. I can move only one extension at a time using the Tab key. These extensions are preceded with the “point” character.

Is there a way to jump quickly to the .M3U extension?

I’d like to change it’s default.

Thank You,

Peter T

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.