moderated Re: punctuation when reading by word

Cohn, Jonathan

I believe this is an application function and not a JAWS function. There is a option in quick settings and perhaps regular JAWS settings called "smart word" which effect if you ask a word to be spoken if it will speak the word to the next punctuation, or or until the next space. My experience with this is it effects the reading, but not the movement. I generally, read by sentence or paragraph, and then if I need to drill down and read a specific word, will jump over to a braille display.

On Jan 23, 2021, at 13:13, Andrew James Bontrager <andrewbontrager@...> wrote:

Hello Mike. Thanks for taking the time to answer the question. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. When I say reading by word, I mean reviewing the document left to right by word, insert right arrow for each word. Reviewing the document that way, in certain applications, punctuation is included with each word, but other times it is treated as another word, so I have to press the keystroke twice or three times to get past some heavy areas of punctuation.
Does that clarify my problem?