moderated Re: Navigation of Settings in new MS Edge

Brian Zolo

Hey there, Bill, brother Brian Zolo here in Gahanna, Ohio, how’s it going?  I’m attempting to get and install the nord vpn extension for Microsoft edge and I’ve checked the box in settings to allow settings from the google store but I’m not being successful in finding the nordvpn browser extension for chrome.  Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated, you stay safe and have a blessed day!  BZ!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2021 12:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Navigation of Settings in new MS Edge

Hi, David. One thing can make Microsoft's Settings behave sort of like that of Google Chrome's Settings. Once you reach the Settings page in edge, if you press the B key a few times, do you see a button labelled something like Main Settings Menu? If so, press SPACE or ENTER on that button, and you will see headings for all the settings.

If you don't see this button, try the following. Once you are in Settings (not Settings and More), TAB once, and see if you see a Settings tree view for which JAWS announces Settings Tree View. If you see this category list, all you need do is Arrow up and down to reach a particular Settings category. Once you find the category you wish to explore, simply press ENTER.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Kingsbury
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2021 6:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Navigation of Settings in new MS Edge

Hi Robin and others,

Thanks for the question and ideas of ways to find settings you can change. While the new Edge is very nice in many respects, procedures for accessing all the settings you can change is not one of them. It makes no intuitive sense. By contrast, the Chrome Settings page is much easy to figure out for anybody who knows how to navigate by headings. I hope at some point, the Microsoft folks reconfigure their Settings page so it can be navigated similar to how the Chrome Settings page is navigated.

Regards,

David

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.