moderated Re: Windows 10 Install

Glenn / Lenny

Well perhaps they have changed it from a few months back, because I spent a couple hours at the Microsoft site and only found an EXE file to download, and never was offered an ISO until I went to the site with Linux.
Can you provide a link for an ISO specifically?

Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2021 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: Windows 10 Install

hi, I'm sorry to have to side with Brian here. But you can download the iso directly from Microsoft you don't have to use the media creation tool or anything else I've done it many many times you just go to the Windows 10 downloads page to go down to more and there's a few tabs I don't remember the exact names of them you just open them off until you find the version of windows you want and you just download that iso. There's no secret or magic to it.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 23, 2021, at 10:43 AM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

All I'm reporting is that without some confidence giving such as a tutorial for getting the ISO specifically, it is unclear using the stub from Microsoft that your system won't be wiped.
So I felt it safer to get it with Linux.
And apparently many people on-line felt the same, as when I researched how to get the ISO, I found a lot of posts of non-Blind users having the same challenge and also used Mac or Linux to obtain the ISO.
So if one wants to wipe their system anyway, you might feel comfortable doing it, or otherwise, follow Brian's tutorial first.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2021 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: Windows 10 Install

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 12:54 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Yes, it downloads the ISO, but if you don't want to install at that time, it does not work.
-
Please don't spread misinformation based on user error, which is what this is.

The instructions I posted give clear, step-by-step, instructions for obtaining the Windows 10 ISO file that have been used, literally, hundreds of times.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.