moderated Re: I am totally embarrassed with my last email. I apologize. My computer will not update and can't install any programs on it now, including jaws versions 2019 through 2021.

Jim Weiss

If you think that the problem exists at the OS level, just download the media creation tool and using external hard drive to create a bootable Windows 10 installation disk. Then wipe your hard drive and start completely from scratch.

On Jan 22, 2021, at 3:49 PM, Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@...> wrote:

Hi all, I have been with the Microsoft desk five different times on this, and they finally told me that they couldn’t help me. They think I have a hard ware issue. I have been trying to get this computer to update all the windows update for month’s .now, and it just won’t update. I have jaws 2018 on it, but it is only part of the program. For example I have jaws 18 Om my desk top. When I hit enter on it, it doesn’t go to options, basic, etc. it opens to jaws, roaming, settings. I have a disc here with jaws 2018 on it, and it tries to install, but the install fails at   50%. I tried to install versions 19 through 2021 and they all failed at 50%.This computer used to be wonderful. I haven’t a clue as to what has happened to titlist there any way I can reset the computer, and get a   fresh start with it? How could I do that and keep the programs I have? Is there anything I can do? This is an ASUS computer, 3 years old? Thanks for putting up with my earlier emails. Jim.