Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:02 AM
Subject: punctuation when reading by word

What do I need to adjust, either in Jaws or other programs, to have Jaws read each word with its punctuation included?
If I type the following in Notepad:
We went to Washington, D. C. yesterday, and all was well.
When I read through the sentence by word, the commas and periods are treated as part of each word. This is what I want all the time.
If I write that same message in Microsoft Word, Jaws treats the punctuation as separate words when reading word by word.
In Ted Notepad, where I really want to work, the problem gets worse when writing out words with apostrophes followed by commas. Then you have to deal with three stops when reviewing by word. This makes it especially hard when writing any kind of code, because Jaws stops at every parenthesis and bracket.
Can someone help?