moderated Re: JAWS and Blackboard follow-up

Adrian Spratt

I’ve long since graduated from university. However, as an alum of two places, I’ve gone straight to the web designers when encountering problems on their websites. In my experience, they tend to be interested in solving accessibility issues. So two thoughts. First, if you can determine the people who design your university website, try them. Second, if you happen to know an alum who would respect the difficulty you’re having, maybe ask them to intervene on your behalf. Universities tend to respond to alum concerns because any money they give them is given purely voluntarily.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 7:46 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS and Blackboard follow-up

In speaking with disabilities services at my university, I was told to refer all my accessibility issues directly with Blackboard. She told complaining to the university is not getting any where. They need to be bombarded with complaints from the actual users. The complaint ticket that I submitted months ago through the university fizzled. Another ticket was opened again recently at my university by another student, but I am sure that will fizzle also. Single complaints from a school here, a school there is not currently working. Some how a conglomerate effort to get them to change their platform or revert it back to the pre-summer build is what needs to happen.