moderated Re: Question On Importing Internet Explorer Favorites Into Google Chrome
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I tried a similar set of steps, but couldn’t find the main bookmarks folder.
I think the main bookmarks folder in Google Chrome is called “bookmarks bar”.
The strange thing is that I now have two lists of bookmarks in Google Chrome.
One list is called “imported from Internet Explorer”, while the other is accessed when I do an alt F followed by the letter B. for bookmarks. I am assuming that this latter folder is the main bookmarks bar folder, but I can’t seem to copy and paste into it.
Let me know if I’m heading in a useful direction, or where I might be going wrong.
Appreciate the help as always.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: Question On Importing Internet Explorer Favorites Into Google Chrome
Hi, Tom. To move the bookmarks imported from Internet Explorer,
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Press CONTROL plus SHIFT plus O to open Bookmarks Manager.
3. TAB to the folders list, and open Imported from Internet Explorer.
4. TAB to the list of bookmarks, and select all with CONTROL plus A.
5. Press the Applications key or SHIFT plus F10, and Arrow down to CUT, and press ENTER.
6. Open the folder to which you want to move the bookmarks.
7. Perform a paste operation with CONTROL plus V.
That should move them all at once to the new folder.
Hello again, everyone.
I recently have imported my Internet Explorer favorites into Google Chrome, but currently, they are in a separate list called “imported from Windows Internet Explorer.
How can I migrate this list over to the main bookmarks bar in Google Chrome?
I did this once, but can’t recall how I did it.
I’m using the latest Jaws 2021 update on a Windows 10 PC here.
Thanks for any help.