moderated Re: How to Read eBook Borrowed from OverDrive with Jaws

Lino Morales

I don't believe you can. Only the use of the app on iOS and Android. Check Overdrive's website and look their.

On 1/14/2021 3:12 PM, Ed Culpepper wrote:

Greetings –

I have recently discovered the Overdrive app for borrowing and downloading ebooks from the DMZ library. I found that many books can be borrowed in Kindle format and easily read with the Kindle app. Some ebooks are not available in Kindle format, however. Those ebooks can be downloaded for reading offline. I have searched for instructions for using the OverDrive app or other ebookk readers but have not found how to read a downloaded ebook from OverDrive with Jaws. I have the Thorium ebook reader installed on my Windows 10 computer and have read other ebooks with Thorium and Jaws, but I cannot get an ebook from OverDrive to import into the Thorium bookshelf from my Downloads file in order to read the ebook.

Any OverDrive users among the JFW population? Can you help with instructions for reading an ebook either with the OverDrive Read app, another ebook reader (or, best of all, Thorium), or some other solution? Your assistance is highly appreciated – in advance. Jerry Seinfeld’s new book is awaiting your help….

Many thanks – Ed Culpepper

Using latest versions of Windows 10, Jaws 2021

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama