moderated Re: Easiest way to add headings to Word doc?

Van Lant, Robin

Thank you all.  The Control alt 1 method works well.  I think the thing that frustrated me about the Styles options is that it uses different fonts than I might want and the style options felt overwhelming because they are telling you all the fonts and formatting for each type of heading.  I tend to use Arial or Calibri fonts and even using the Control Alt 1 method changes the font for the heading to Cambria.  Even though this document is just for me, if I use headings in another document for work, I want to be aware of the font changes.  I did find that, after I do a heading, I can change the font back to my standard font and the heading marking still sticks.  I suppose I should take the time and tips from one of the listers to create my own style selection that uses my preferred fonts, but that is more than I want to bite of today when I’m simply trying to tag something for quick key navigation.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 9:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Easiest way to add headings to Word doc?

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Press CTRL alt and whatever number you want. For example, 1 for heading 1 text and 2 for heading 2 text. You can press the above hotkey either before or after typing your text. Just know that after you type text you want in heading xxx, you have to of course select it before pressing above hotkey.

On Jan 11, 2021, at 6:09 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a long JAWS help file where I keep my notes on using JAWS with various software.  What is the easiest way to add headings so that I can turn on quick keys and navigate this large document with level 1 and level 2 headings?  The style task pane seemed a bit intimidating.  I can go back to my Window Eyes and Word 2010 book from Cathie Ann to see if she covers the topic more thoroughly, but hoping someone can answer for this simple aspect. Using JAWS 2021 and Word 2016.  I really need a better way to find topics in this document, over the way I’ve been doing it.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.