moderated Re: laptop question

Madison Martin

Smart Screen isn't there, but there a whole bunch of things that I never even knew I had on my computer, but they're background apps, so I assume that they're supposed to be there and running right?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of muhammadBilal Arshad
Sent: January 12, 2021 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: laptop question

Madison, I also had this issue in the past.
On my machine, Microsoft smartscreen was causing the issue.
During my testing it was revealed that smartscreen using more than 80% of CPU, of course when cpu was suppose to be idle.
As cpu always on work, so be the fan to cool it down.
I didn't remember how, but I managed to remove this file from my machine, and problem went away!
You, first of all check the cpu usage by app by going into task manager (ctrl+shift+esc).
If this is your first time into task manager, than press tab a few times and press the spacebar on more details button.
After this press the 's' to move to the apps starting wiht s. And check whether smartscreen is there or not.
If there, check its cpu usage.
And if indeed it causing the problem, than google how to remove this file.
Hope it might help.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 09:33 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Well since windows 7, people only need to put in a blank DVD and use
the applications key while on the file, and go to burn ISO
-
The issue being that there are way, way, way more actual burn errors
with optical media, which is my central point. I have had certain
machines where it was a 50/50 shot for any CD/DVD being burned whether
it would ultimately work. I have not had that experience, ever, with USB media.

Neither way is right or wrong. I just prefer what's been, in my
experience, more reliable and where the media used can be reused a
virtually unlimited number of times and is way easier to carry around.
When you add the fact that many newer laptops don't even have an optical drive . . .

*One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of
the shore for a very long time.*

~ André Gide