moderated Re: in zoom, what please is the keystroke to mute and unmute your mike in a meeting?

Ann Byrne

A cool thing is that when you are muted, if you hold down the spacebar you are unmuted till you release the spacebar. So you can leave the computer unmuted, in case you can't find the stinkin' button, and hold down the spacebar to allow yourself to talk.

At 08:03 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:

Hello,

With jfw2020 and the latest version of zoom, can someone maybe please tell me the key stroke to mute and unmute your mike in a zoom meeting? Any help with this would be so very much appreciated! Thanks very much in advance for any possible help with this.

Kindest regards,

Hank

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 5:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io ; jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Speech with Zoom

Depending upon your version of Jaws, press Ctrl + Alt + S to silence notifications in Zoom.

Joe

Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer

[]
Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT

Phone: 616.951.2142

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Pearl
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 3:49 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Speech with Zoom

When I’m using JAWS with Zoom so often throughout the meeting it tells me that someone has left the meeting, someone’s bandwidth is low or someone’s microphone is muted, etc. Having these messages go through a Zoom meeting several dozen or hundred times is just unworkable. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the settings center I’m missing how to shut these messages off? I don’t want to turn JAWS off to the “Speech on Demandâ€&#65533; because I’m working with a Word document while in the meeting and need JAWS to talk to me, just without these nonstop notifications.

Thank you!

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.