moderated Re: in zoom, what please is the keystroke to mute and unmute your mike in a meeting?

Jim Weiss

The space bar is a temporary unmute function, it is not a true toggle.  If you are unmuted pressing the space bar will not mute you.  Also, you must press and hold the space bar for the entire time you wish to be unmuted.  This feature must be turned on in settings, there is a check box under the audio settings.  Also in Windows it only works if your focus is in certain areas of Zoom.  Since the space bar is used by screen readers the screen reader tries to interpret pressing the space bar as a click.  This feature works much better and consistently on Mac.
Jim Weiss

“The only thing worse then being blind is having sight with no vision” | Helen Keller

On Jan 11, 2021, at 9:26 PM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

Try alt A.

This is a toggle that mutes and unmutes you in a Zoom meeting.

In some cases, I’ve also found the space bar works as a mute and unmute toggle as well.

Tom Behler