moderated Re: laptop question

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 09:33 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Well since windows 7, people only need to put in a blank DVD and use the applications key while on the file, and go to burn ISO
-
The issue being that there are way, way, way more actual burn errors with optical media, which is my central point.  I have had certain machines where it was a 50/50 shot for any CD/DVD being burned whether it would ultimately work.  I have not had that experience, ever, with USB media.

Neither way is right or wrong.  I just prefer what's been, in my experience, more reliable and where the media used can be reused a virtually unlimited number of times and is way easier to carry around.  When you add the fact that many newer laptops don't even have an optical drive . . .

           ~ André Gide