Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: laptop question

I almost never use actual DVD anymore, far preferring USB instead, and I haven't seen a system that won't allow booting from USB in quite a while now.

Although the instructions are for Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Fetch the Win10 ISO File, downloading an ISO is just downloading, and Rufus can be used to burn any ISO file to USB media, not just the Windows 10 ISO file.  You can just follow the instructions regarding using Rufus after you have the Linux ISO file you wish to have burned to bootable media.

           ~ André Gide