moderated Re: Easiest way to add headings to Word doc?

Richard Turner

You definitely should select the text you want as part of the heaging. I select the text and press control+shift+S and arrow down to heading level 1, or 2 and hit enter. I'll have to try the control+alt+1 etc next time.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Jan 11, 2021, at 4:23 PM, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@...> wrote:

Hi Robin,

The easiest way to create headings, is to press alt  control number one for heading level one, Alt  control number two for heading level two, and alt control three for heading level three. I don’t think it’ll work for headings above that heading level III, but I’m not too sure about that. Also you may have to select the text that you want to make a heading for, but again I’m not sure about that. It may work if you’re just on the line where you want the heading.

Hope this helps,

Russell

On Jan 11, 2021, at 5:09 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a long JAWS help file where I keep my notes on using JAWS with various software.  What is the easiest way to add headings so that I can turn on quick keys and navigate this large document with level 1 and level 2 headings?  The style task pane seemed a bit intimidating.  I can go back to my Window Eyes and Word 2010 book from Cathie Ann to see if she covers the topic more thoroughly, but hoping someone can answer for this simple aspect. Using JAWS 2021 and Word 2016.  I really need a better way to find topics in this document, over the way I’ve been doing it.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114