From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Parlor?

I don't disagree with a lot of what you said...but I think I know the sorts
of people you have in mind, and I think you underestimate the desire to make
converts and, shall we say, recruits to the cause.
And I wouldn't necessarilya ssume any platform is exclusively a den for such
people. I took a look at the site today and yeah, they are a bit strident
about the "free speech' angle, to the point where I get a "thou dost protest
too much" feeling fromrom it -- but I can't blame people from all sides for
being attracted to such a thing. Don't forget that the actual revolutionary
left has experienced its fair share of censorship as well.
Anyway, those interested should certainly raise their accessibility concerns
with the system operators and see if there are results.
Parler cares about PR, too, after all, and they've obviously gotten a great
boost from all this -- never heard of the platform before a few days ago,
myself. So it's in their interest now more than ever to get on board the
accessibility train.
And hey, there are blind Qs out there too, you know? ;)