Re: One more Outlook 2010 question for the day

Dave...

Tom,

You are exhausting me.

So now I'll exhaust you in return.
Follow all these steps carefully.
Record them to some place where you can listen to them one at a time so as
to follow along. Don't just read them inside the message and try to switch
back and forth.
Braille them, record them, have your wife read them from a printout -- just
make sure you can focus on the steps without lots of page switching.

Okay, now here we go.

First make sure you're in the Outlook In tray

Press Windows key
Type System sounds
Press Enter
Tab 3 times.
You should hear "Windows open xxx items"

you should be in a tree view with the various things that you can attach
sounds to. You've been here before from Kimsan's instructions, by the way.

press the letter N as in November until you hear: New Mail Notification
Tab twice and you hear what sound file has been assigned to your New Mail
notification.

Tell me what it says.

Tab again and you're on a test button.
Press spacebar.
Do you hear the sound?

If Yes, then I cannot help you.
Your problem makes no sense.

If no, then your sounds are not getting to your speakers/headphones.
Do this now:
Windows key
Type sndvol (That's S N D V O L)
Press Enter
Tab until you hear Volume for system sounds up down slider xx%
What is the percent?
If it's a number like 10 or 20, then press PageUp key until it's up around
80%

Tab again
is the system sounds button saying mute or unmute?

If mute, then don't do anything.

If unmute, then press the spacebar.

This should have fixed your problem.
Press Alt+Enter
Arrow to close
Press Enter

Now do this:
windows key
Type system sounds
Press Enter
(yes, we're doing this again)

Tab 3 times.
You should hear "Windows open xxx items"
press the letter N as in November until you hear: New Mail Notification
Tab twice and you hear what sound file has been assigned to your New Mail
notification.
Tab again and you're on a test button.
Press spacebar.
Do you hear the sound?

IF you don't after all this, you need to take your computer to an expert and
have them help you.

I'm exhausted and am going to bed.

Dave Carlson