moderated Re: Parler

James English

@Brian:

I have absolutely no issue with people (president or not) expressing
themselves how they wish. It was mentioned before that the supreme
court said it was perfectly acceptable to ban the shouting of fire in
a crowded building when there was no fire: this was a bad judgement in
my opinion. The consequences of speech must be separated out entirely
from the speech itself, otherwise we risk creating the sort of society
in which people are aggressively self-censoring in case somebody hears
what they say and takes it in an unintended way.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 06:34 PM, James English wrote:

Authority without responsibility is not a healthy mix.
-
Amen to that!

*One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the
shore for a very long time.*

~ André Gide