moderated Re: Parler

James English

Hello,

The thing that really gets to me is that section 230 of the
communications decency act protects these companies from things like
defamation lawsuits caused by things that their users put on the
platform as these platforms are not publishers, however when it comes
to the political wars they decide to fight they are perfectly able to
act like publishers. Authority without responsibility is not a healthy
mix.

- James

On 1/10/21, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@gmail.com> wrote:
The president has been banned from Twitter YouTube Facebook. What kind of
world we live in win the presidential office can be banned from speaking on
public forums.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 10, 2021, at 1:59 PM, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny. Devin Nunes was carrying on about this great injustice of silencing
on … a popular national conservative talk show this morning.
Somehow, these decries of digital gulags and unfair muzzling of ideas sound
kind of specious. As if Trump and any of his toadies would be denied airtime
or a microphone if they wanted to give a press conference right now. The
president’s got an entire room in the White House for this very purpose.
Also, given the bent of folks who hang out on 8chan, Gab and Parler… don’t
be surprised or hurt if screen reader accessibility isn’t exactly on their
things to do or even care about.
Cristóbal