From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Parler

A private monopoly.  Amounts to the same thing, unless you have the resources to develop your own app store, web servers, etc.

Companies like Facebook and Twitter have developed a monopoly in social media, buying up or snuffing out competition. There are two smart phone platforms run by two companies, and they have colluded along with Amazon Web Services to stifle free speech.  it started with flagging certain tweets and posts, then it went to deleting certain tweets and posts, then it went to closing accounts of people whose speech they didn't like, and now to shutting down entire platforms.

The government doesn't have to get involved, someone else is already doing their dirty work for them,and they can alway say that what is happening isn't a violation of the 1st amendment.  Technically, that is correct, but what is happening amounts to the same thing.

Andy