moderated Re: Parler

Randy Barnett

yes the problem is the stuff that's being censored and said to be this type of speech isn't always so it's a it's just a way to censor opinions. and you and I aren't the ones to get to decide what is free-speech and what isn't.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 10, 2021, at 1:20 PM, Adrian Spratt <adrian@...> wrote:

The Supreme Court has pointed out that yelling “fire” in a crowded theater isn’t protected free speech. Incitement plus violence equates to doing just that and worse. The Founders had no difficulty in endorsing laws against sedition, treason and other dangerous activity. With freedom comes responsibility.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 4:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Parler

so you're OK with someone banning anything you have to say if they don't agree with it? I myself may hate something someone says but they have the right to say it.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 9, 2021, at 9:53 PM, Adrian Spratt <adrian@...> wrote:

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.