moderated Re: Parler

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

it doesn't matter if it's a government or a couple of huge corporations. if they're able to stop you from getting your ideas out to people it is stopping free speech. Senator Holly's book was dropped by the publisher because he said the wrong things according to those in charge. when the only way to get ideas out in this modern world is via publishers Facebook YouTube Twitter and apparently Amazon those who control the servers. Then they are able to stifle free speech. It doesn't have to be a government to stifle free speech and free speech should be protected even from corporations.I'm platforms like YouTube Twitter One platforms like YouTube Twitter Facebook start deciding what can be and not be published on their pages they are a publisher and the rules for publishers are totally different from the rules for web platforms. They have to abide by those rules. As corporations now pretty much control all speech in this country.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 10, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

Andy and All,
Keep in mind that it is not the government stopping anything, it is a private business doing this.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

The long term consequences of stifling free speech would be a lot worse than any speech.  The founders thought that free speech was so important that they made it the 1st amendment to the Constitution. Voltaire said, "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".  i would suggest that you either read or reread George Orwell's "1984".

Andy