moderated Re: license update message

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

if you've updated your license lately you know got a new SMA by at the latest version of jaws. These will trigger this message it's just updating the file on your computer to match what's on the server. If that's not it like they said call FS. All you have to do is click yes go through the process like you said it only takes about 30 seconds. i'm sorry about all the errors I don't have time to fix them I'm using Siri dictation on my iPhone.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 5, 2021, at 12:26 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m running JAWS 2021.  Starting yesterday, I’m getting a pop-up window when I start JAWS that says, “Your license has changed, would you like to update your authorization now? This will take less than a minute.”  I assume this relates to my purchase of a new 2-year SMA last week.  Unfortunately for me, you need admin privileges for this update to work and I don’t have them.  Can I do this manually or should I contact me IT guy for admin rights? Does it even really matter at this time or can I just wait till I’m meeting with the IT guy to install my next JAWS upgrade?

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114