moderated Re: Printing Documents from a web page

David Griffith

You will probably have tried this but have you tried just using jaws virtual find to find the print text and then pressing space on the text?

A lot of times nowadays I find sites where pressing enter does not do the job and you have to press space – especially on what I suspect are clickable elements. Often these elements are not reported as either links or buttons but pressing space on them works anyway, especially with download elements.

Also there have been a number of issues for me in activating elements with jaws using Chrome, most especially with financial transactions pages. I am no longer able to make payments either through PayPal or my Bank using Chrome and Jaws. Elements either do not show up or become unresponsive when activated.

The good news for me personally is that when I load these problematic pages into FireFox these problems completely disappear.

Chrome is still my default but whenever I now come across a page which misbehaves I now just close Chrome and reload the offending page in FireFox.

Also sad to report but on occasion you will find better compliance with Narrator than Jaws on some pages. I was having to use Narrator with my bank site before I discovered using Firefox  as the workaround for Jaws.

To be honest nowadays I can no longer rely just on Jaws – I also use not just Narrator and NVDA as well as different browser solutions.

David G.

David G.