Sent: Friday, January 01, 2021 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: Can no longer close menus in Edge

Adrian,

            With regard to the instructions, I believe I said it doesn't matter whether PowerShell or Command Prompt was used to run the commands, but I'll double check.  Given the current "state of the Windows 10 world" a number of people will have PowerShell invoked while others may have set things back to use Command Prompt.

            The next step I'd suggest:  Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file
This process takes longer, but like the SFC/DISM technique, is one of those "you've got nothing to lose" deals.  There had been a short period where a repair install with the 20H2 ISO was not working because you could not choose to keep both files AND apps, but I downloaded it about 1.5 weeks ago and that version has the fix applied, so any copy obtained these days will, too.

           ~ André Gide