moderated Re: Please help with WinWord error...is it JAWS?

Shirley Tracy

Thanks. If this happens again, I will use your advice. Much appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

From: Adrian Spratt
Sent: Friday, January 1, 2021 10:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Please help with WinWord error...is it JAWS?

Shirley and all,

A week or two ago, my sighted wife happened to be alongside me when I restarted my computer. It was taking a long time. She saw a message saying that Office 2016 was being updated. JAWS did not verbalize it.

I set Office updates to automatic a long time ago. I was going to suggest making that change so that it happens during the restart process. However, that option isn't showing up anymore in my file menus. Here's the best I can offer, based on what I could figure out just now:

While in Word, press alt-f.

Arrow up to "More options." Press enter.

Arrow up to Account. Start tabbing.

The update button should appear. Press spacebar and tab through the options.

I hope this gets you somewhere.