Re: Links won't open in outlook 2003

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

Okay, I know that what works in Thunderbird does not necessarily apply to Outlook, but it might be worth a try. Remember when I was asking on this list about the problem I had with Windows Live and how it crashed and I couldn't get it uncrashed? One kind person on this list sent me a link to download Thunderbird and I have been using it ever since.
At first the links inside the emails would not work for me. Since it did not seem to be very related to JAWS I tried to get help from the Bookshare Discuss list and everything they advised me to do did not work. Then one day I opened up Thunderbird and got a notification that an update was available for it. I installed that update and the links started working. I thought I had solved the problem. Apparently that did not do it because the next time I opened up Thunderbird the links were not working again. Now I think that instead of the update solving my problem it was the fact that while updating I closed the program and opened it again. When it stopped working that next time I opened it I ended up closing it and restarting it out of frustration and then the links worked. The next time after that the links did not work again. I closed the program and opened it again and they worked. Now, every time I do my first check of email in the morning I open Thunderbird and promptly close it. I have not had that problem of the links not working since. I have no idea why this works and I don't know that it will work in Outlook, but it shouldn't hurt to try it.

On 3/20/2012 4:24 PM, Gary King wrote:
Dave,
I know how it is supposed to work, but I've learned that if one method doesn't work, try another one that might do the trick.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "Farfar" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Links won't open in outlook 2003

Gary,

When things are working properly, you can press Spacebar or Enter on a link
in an open message in Outlook, just the same as with a web page. Omar's
problem is that it's not working now.

Omar, possible that you did change something with the install of 2010 and
subsequent rollback to 2003. Restore is not a panacea for all things that
might have changed. How about if you now do a repair on your Outlook 2003
installation?

Dave Carlson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@bellsouth.net>