moderated Re: Keeping the subject line up to date. "version questions"

Scott Pearl

Brian,

Wow, this is good advice on managing these prolific emails. I must say that I have immensely appreciated your overall knowledge and contributions on this list and other lists as I usually pay close attention to finding your posts as they are extremely helpful. You’re doing a lot of good.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 5:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Keeping the subject line up to date. "version questions"

Tim,

         While I agree with you, entirely, that it's best practice to split a topic off, with a new title, when the actual topic of conversation changes, there are times where thread drift occurs like it did here.  If you realize that you are no longer interested in a given topic with a specific title, remember that you can use the Mute this topic link at the end of any message you've already received for that topic and you will receive no more.

          If you find the actual volume of email from any given Groups.io group to be overwhelming, you can also set up topic preview, where you would only receive the first message in any new topic, and receive no more unless you activate the Follow this topic link in the first one.  See: Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx file)

           ~ André Gide