moderated Re: version questions

Madison Martin

Yes that's what I'm wanting.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: December 29, 2020 10:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: version questions

Hey Madison.
A good way to get JAWS version information displayed inn a convenient little
window is to go to the JAWS menu with jaws key + j, and hit up arrow once
(probably, this might be version dependent I suppose, but it's usuallya t the
bottom) to "about". Hit enter and you'll get what you need.

As for outlook, I am not sure quite what it is that you want. You want to know
your outlook version number and then paste it to someone? If you are getting
that info with tge command JAWS commands to display the version information of
an executable, this isn't displayed on screen so you can't copy and paste it as
though it was a line of text placed in an edit field.
It isn't. But if you wanted you could use speech history to retrieve it.
Press insert space, then h, then up arrow til you find the text that you need,
then copy and paste, and press escape.
There are usually more efficient ways to get version info. I seem to remember
outlook having an 'about" screen somewhere, too, but at the moment I can't find
it. Haha